Wood plastic composite is also referred to as WPC flooring and is a newer type of flooring product that has changed the way we think of vinyl. Vinyl flooring has come a long way in recent years with nearly all vinyl flooring types offering water resistant benefits. WPC flooring, however, boasts 100% waterproof properties, proving to be a valuable investment in many installations such as kitchens, bathroom and basements.
How is WPC Flooring Made?
WPC flooring is carefully constructed by the best names in the flooring industry such as Shaw and Mohawk, with four distinct layers. These layers provide comfort and durability, consisting of the following:
- Top wear layer providing stain resistance along with commercial rated wear and tear protection
- Luxury vinyl top layer which provides the design of either stone tiles or wood planks, with strikingly realistic qualities it’s difficult to tell the difference
- WPC core structure constructed with an extruded waterproof core that will not expand or contract
- Attached cork underlayment which provides insulation, protection against mold and mildew, and absorbs subfloor imperfections
WPC flooring delivers long lasting beauty and comfort with resilient durability. Get your money’s worth with this versatile flooring option that is available in endless colors, styles and textures.
Benefits of WPC Flooring
Installing WPC flooring provides many benefits which include:
- Waterproof flooring
- Realistic look of real stone or wood
- Comfortable with shock absorbing layers
- Long lasting flooring that holds up for many years
- Improve the value of your home with beautiful flooring that is less costly that hardwood or stone
Great Western Flooring offers high-quality flooring products such as WPC flooring, LVT, LVP, carpet, tile, hardwood and many other flooring options from the best names in the business. Our skilled and experienced technicians offer professional installation to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Great Western Flooring has more than 35 years of experience in helping customers to design their rooms with the floor of their dreams, Contact us today for a complimentary consultation and to learn how to find the floor you envision.